Revolutionary Pain control, Focused Results.
Piezo Wave 2 is a European technology that was was originally used for lithotripsy, which is a non-invasive procedure that uses shock waves to break up kidney and bladder stones without surgery. This same technology was adapted to treat soft tissue injuries (both chronic and acute) by delivering focused acoustic shockwaves into damaged tissue, breaking up old scar tissue (trigger points) and adhesion while pushing swelling out of the affected areas. The shockwaves promote cellular healing at the treatment site while increasing circulation to the once damaged tissue.
HOW LONG ARE THE TREATMENTS?
WHAT IS THE SUCCESS RATE?
IS THERE PAIN AFTER THE TREATMENT?
Patients will experience minimal to no discomfort following their treatments as the shockwaves to not disturb normal healthy tissue, therefore the procedure causes minimal inflammation. In fact, most patients feel an immediate relief in discomfort following their treatment.
WHAT ABOUT EXERCISE OR AT HOME CARE AFTER TREATMENT?
The physician will instruct each patient on activity level and any at home follow up during their initial exam.
ARE THERE ANY PRECAUTIONS TO THE THERAPY?
- Cortisone injections within one month prior to start of Piezo Wave 2 Therapy.
- Blood Thinners (the physician will lower the intensity of the procedure to accommodate these patients, however a thorough history will be taken prior to treatment).
- Systemic circulatory problems or Heart Problems
- Cancer in or around the treatment areas
- Diabetes (with numbness to the affected area).