Back Pain in Matthews NC
Back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed work and doctors’ visits in the United States. Over 90% of people will experience back pain at some point in their lives.
Most common causes of back pain:
Back pain often develops with trauma or ergonomic issues, but sometimes it develops without a reason (idiopathic). With proper evaluation, however, treatment plans are developed to help with many lower back conditions such as:
- Bulging or ruptured discs
- Degenerative disc disease
- Sprain and Strain injuries
- Sports related injuries and more.
People of every age group can develop back pain; the most common related issues are:
Age: Back pain is more common at an older age due to ware and tare factors such as arthritis or degenerative disc disease.
Inadequate exercise: Weak muscle tissues of your back and abdomen may cause instability and back pain.
Extra weight: Obesity can cause back pain due to excessive pressure on the lower back.
Spinal Curvature or Scoliosis: Most curvatures that develop in the thoracic and lumbar spine cause muscle imbalance and inflammation leading to pain.
Mental conditions: Depression and anxiety have been shown to increase lower back pain and manifest into different physical symptoms.
Smoking: Smokers are more prone to back pain due to vascular damage around the bony end-plates of the spine.
Most Common Symptoms of Back Pain
- Muscle aching in the lower back.
- Burning or sharp sensations with or without movement.
- Stiffness or cramping in the lower back.
- Pain may additionally spread down your leg or get worse with bending, twisting, lifting, standing, and even sitting. This radicular pain is often classified as sciatica or sciatic pain.
To keep your back healthy and strong, you should make sure that:
- You are receiving regular chiropractic adjustments to keep the spine in proper alignment thus decreasing the wear and tear on the spine.
- Performing safe core exercises.
- Working on flexibility of the surrounding muscles of the spinal column.
- Maintaining a healthy weight.
Modern research shows that chiropractic treatments for lower back pain are safe and effective. At Planck Chiropractic & Rehab, we utilize the most state of the art treatments in our private treatment rooms to give you the relief you need. We couple these treatments with at home stretching and exercise routines to ensure the patient has every tool available to get them out of pain and back to their normal lives.
Give our office a call 980.270.0300 today to set up an exam and consultation for your lower back pain in Matthews, NC and the surrounding Charlotte region.
Book an Appointment
Let us know how we can help and when you’d like to come in and we’ll promptly return your inquiry to schedule your appointment!